Animal Welfare Leaders to Unite at South Texas Law
Mark your calendars for this year’s most important animal welfare event in Texas!
On Friday, Sept. 6, lawyers, activists, government officials, and nonprofit leaders from across the state will converge on South Texas College of Law Houston for “The Lone Star State Update on Animal Law.”
Hosted by the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s (ALDF) Animal Law Academy, the day-long event will feature experts on legislation, civil law, and criminal law in Texas, with special topics including dogs in hot cars laws, estate planning, state animal cruelty laws, and a keynote panel on the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Houston Aquarium lawsuit.
Professionals and law students will benefit from networking with other animal welfare leaders, learning about pro bono opportunities in the field, and joining forces with others who care passionately about animal protection and advocacy.
The Lone Star State Update on Animal Law
Friday, Sept. 6, 2019 | 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
South Texas College of Law Houston | Garrett-Townes Auditorium
1303 San Jacinto Street, Houston, Texas 77002
$75 — General Admission / CLE
$40 — General Admission / Non-CLE
$10 — Law Student or Student Chapter Member
- Shelby Bobosky, President, Texas Humane Legislation Network
- Elizabeth Dennis, Assistant Dean, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Joel Hailey, Private Practice Attorney
- Jennifer Hauge, Legislative Affairs Manager, ALDF
- Tom Linney, Pro Bono Program Director, ALDF
- Adam Milasincic, Trial Attorney, AZA Law Firm
- Jessica Milligan, Chief, Animal Cruelty Section, Harris County DA’s Office
- Fran Ortiz, Professor of Law, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Priscilla Rader, Education Coordinator, ALDF
- Daniel Waltz, Staff Attorney, ALDF
- Kathleen Wood, Fellow, ALDF
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits will be available to attendees pending approval from the State Bar of Texas.
REGISTER NOW to learn from the best in the field and advocate for animals!