STCL Houston Faculty Recognized for Teaching, Scholarship, Service
South Texas College of Law Houston recently recognized 13 faculty members for their excellence in teaching, scholarship or service.
“We have exceptional faculty across the board,” said Professor Ted Field, vice president and associate dean for faculty. “With these awards, we were delighted to recognize individuals who stood out in one particular area because they were especially innovative and effective in teaching, served in an extraordinary way internally and/or externally, or achieved the highest levels of scholarship in 2020-21.”
Four faculty were recognized for teaching excellence. These individuals also were named the 2020-21 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Teachers of the Year for STCL Houston.
- Geoffrey S. Corn, the Gary A. Kuiper Distinguished Professor of National Security Law
- Scott Rempell, Godwin Bowman & Martinez PC Research Professor and Professor of Law
- Dru Stevenson, Wayne Fisher Research Professor, Professor of Law
- Katherine Vukadin, Professor of Law
Five professors were recognized for their outstanding service.
- Elaine Carlson, The Stanley J. Krist Distinguished Professor of Texas Law
- Sharon Finegan, Professor of Law
- Rob Galloway, Vice President, Advocacy, and W. James Kronzer Jr. Distinguished Professor of Advocacy
- Maxine Goodman, Professor of Law
- Shelby Moore, Vice President, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; and Professor of Law
Four professors were recognized for their exceptional scholarship.