Delivered on campus, in person (evening classes)
With our part-time J.D. program, you decide which schedule fits best for you — on campus or online.
The goal of our part-time schedules is to allow you to obtain a rigorous, ABA-accredited J.D. degree while maintaining your personal and professional commitments.
South Texas College of Law Houston was founded in 1923 to provide a legal education for working professionals. Since its founding, South Texas has earned a reputation for educating exceptional practice-ready attorneys. Today, South Texas remains committed to providing those unable to step away from full-time employment or family commitments an opportunity to earn a J.D. through two flexible part-time schedule options.
Both part-time program schedules start exclusively in the fall.
J.D. Part-time Schedule Details
- ABA-accredited J.D. curriculum delivered over four years
- J.D. Part-time / Campus schedule requires four evenings of in-person courses per week.
- Access to faculty, both in person and online
- Full student experience available to part-time students, including access to academic and student support services, bar exam preparation support, involvement in student organizations, events, employment interviews, and live-client and real-life practice experiences (including externships, simulation courses, and participation in the Randall O. Sorrels Legal Clinics).
Curriculum plans for first-year law students in the part-time programs are shown below. The J.D. Part-time / Campus schedules start exclusively in the fall.
1 Contracts II, Federal Income Taxation, and Torts II are only offered in the evening in the summer sessions.
J.D. Part-time Application Details
Both the J.D. Part-time / Campus and the J.D. Part-time / Online schedules start exclusively in the fall. The fall application opens in mid-November, and applications should be received by the following dates:
- February 9, 2024 (priority)
- May 10, 2024 (final)
All applicants who apply by the priority deadline will automatically receive an application fee waiver.