South Texas College of Law Houston offers the opportunity to enroll in the full-time program in the fall or spring. Applications should be received by May 8 (for fall entry) and December 1 (for spring entry). All applicants who apply by the Priority Deadline will automatically receive an application fee waiver.
The fall application opens at the beginning of December and the spring application opens at the beginning of August. While GPA and LSAT/GRE scores are important, we also assess each applicant’s life experience, work history, community service and graduate work.
All applicants are required to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), administered nationwide by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), administered by ETS. South Texas College of Law Houston will not consider an LSAT or GRE score from a test administered more than five years before the beginning of the semester for which application for admission is made. If you have not taken or prepared for the LSAT or GRE yet, start by reviewing our LSAT/GRE Guide.
Registration information for the LSAT and CAS may be obtained by calling LSAC at 215.968.1001 or www.lsac.org.
Registration information for the GRE (School Code: 2749) may be obtained by calling ETS 609.771.7670 or at www.ets.org/gre.
Every applicant must complete the following steps:
- Take the LSAT or GRE
- Register with CAS (as described above);
- Fully complete and submit an application for admission, paying special attention to instructions about disclosures and updates;
- Submit a resume of employment;
- Attach a detailed personal statement setting forth the applicant’s unique individual qualifications, interests, and aspirations for the study of law. The personal statement should be 2-3 pages in length double spaced;
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation – a third is optional – through the Letter of Recommendation Service offered by LSAC. This service is included in your CAS Registration fees. South Texas College of Law Houston does not accept Evaluations in place of Letters of Recommendation; and
- Pay the $55 non-refundable application fee if applying after the priority deadline;
The application, personal statement, and resume should be completed no later than February 10 (priority), and May 8 (final) for fall consideration and September 24 (priority) or December 1 (final) for spring consideration. Deadlines are the same for full-time and part-time applicants. You may submit your application, personal statement, and resume prior to any deadline and the completed CAS report can be received following.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 713-646-1810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Once an application has been submitted, it must be completed within six weeks after the deadline. Applications that remain incomplete by this deadline will be ineligible for committee review.