CONFIDENTIAL COUNSELING WITH A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL
South Texas College of Law Houston is pleased to offer the services of Licensed Professional Counselors to help students cope with the adjustments and stressors inherent in attending law school. Final exams, financial problems, relationships, and career decisions are just a few examples of life’s everyday stressors that could serve to inhibit academic performance. The College is interested in providing our students with an additional avenue to address personal difficulties or concerns, thus increasing the likelihood of accomplishing educational goals.
The College has contracted with two independent licensed counselors to provide CONFIDENTIAL counseling services to any current South Texas College of Law Houston student.
The administration of South Texas College of Law Houston College of Law understands that there may be a need for professional counseling by some members of our student body. Final exams, financial concerns, relationships, and career decisions are just a few examples of life’s everyday stressors that could serve to inhibit academic performance. The college is providing our students with an additional avenue to address personal challenges, thus increasing the likelihood of accomplishing educational goals.
South Texas College of Law Houston has contracted with The Krist Samaritan Center and Ann Harper Weiss, independent licensed counselors, to provide CONFIDENTIAL counseling services to any currently enrolled South Texas College of Law Houston student. This program is available to students until funds directed to this program are depleted.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- Three sessions (maximum) are provided at no cost to the student per academic session.
- If further sessions are indicated, the student will incur the cost at rate agreed upon by student and counselor.
- Referrals to other counseling services can be made by the counselors, if desired.
- All information, including who uses this service, remains CONFIDENTIAL.
HOW DO YOU USE THIS SERVICE?
- Call 281-480-7554 to schedule an appointment with a counselor at The Krist Samaritan Center.
- Call 832-969-0676 to schedule an appointment with Ms. Weiss.
- Identify yourself as a currently enrolled student at South Texas College of Law Houston.
- Sessions will be conducted in their office, or at a location within the college.
On Campus Counseling (Walk-ins Welcome)
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Room 336A
- To schedule an on campus appointment with Jacklin Tawadrous,
please call (713) 659-8040 ext 1638 (On Campus) or (281) 480-7554 ext.75
(The Krist Samaritan Center)
OTHER AVAILABLE RESOURCES
- Student Academic Affairs (room 832) – 713-646-2975
- Mental Health Screening under Student tab on STANLEY
- Texas Lawyers Assistance Program (TLAP) – 1-800-343-8527 (TLAP)
- Crisis Intervention (713) 468-5463 (713-hotline)
- Emergency Situations – Call 911