One exceptional J.D.
Choose your schedule.
With our part-time J.D. program, you decide which schedule fits best for you — on campus or online.
The goal of our part-time schedules is to allow you to obtain a rigorous, ABA-accredited J.D. degree while maintaining your personal and professional commitments.
South Texas College of Law Houston was founded in 1923 to provide a legal education for working professionals. Since its founding, South Texas has earned a reputation for educating exceptional practice-ready attorneys. Today, South Texas remains committed to providing those unable to step away from full-time employment or family commitments an opportunity to earn a J.D. through two flexible part-time schedule options.
J.D. PART-TIME SCHEDULE DETAILS
- ABA-accredited J.D. curriculum delivered over four years
- J.D. Part-time / Campus schedule requires four evenings of in-person courses per week.
- J.D. Part-time / Online schedule requires one in-person, on-campus residency at the beginning of each academic year, with remaining coursework delivered online. A rigorous curriculum intentionally developed for the online experience delivers an exceptional legal education through engaging and interactive methods.
- Access to faculty, both in person and online
- Full student experience available to part-time students, including access to academic and student support services, bar exam preparation support, involvement in student organizations, events, employment interviews, and live-client and real-life practice experiences (including externships, simulation courses, and participation in the Randall O. Sorrels Legal Clinics).
J.D. PART-TIME in the News
The Houston Business Journal published a great story about STCL Houston’s innovative new J.D. Part-time / Online schedule, which begins in fall 2023. Students will now have three ways to earn the law school’s ABA-accredited, rigorous J.D. degree. Read more here: https://bizj.us/1qh1vm