fbpx Other Resources - STCL Houston

Other Resources

Department of Education

FAFSA Online Application: In order to fill out the Free Application for Student Aid, or check the status of your submitted application. You must have a Personal Identification Number. If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten your PIN, follow the instructions on the PIN site home page to request a new PIN.

U.S. Department of Education: (PIN site); The PIN is your identifier to let you access personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. You must have a PIN to file an online renewal FAFSA or to make online corrections to your FAFSA. Request one at the PIN site.

National Student Loan Data Systems: You can use the website to make inquiries about your Title IV loans. The site displays information on loan(s), outstanding balances, loan statuses, and disbursements.

Credit Card Fraud and Identity Theft: The Department of Education has created a website to help college students avoid credit-card fraud and other forms of identity theft.

National Credit Agencies

Experian – 1-888-EXPERIA (397-3742)
Trans-Union – 1-800-888-4213
CBI/Equifax – 1-800-997-2493
National Foundation for Credit Counseling
Federal Trade Commission

General Financial Aid Sites

FinAid.org (student guide for financial aid)
ibrinfo.org (loan forgiveness/repayment assistance)
studentloans.gov (entrance and exit counseling and information about loan options, including repayment and consolidation)

Other Government Offices

U.S. Department of Education
Social Security Administration
Selective Service System

Scroll to Top
#printfriendly #pf-content svg {min-width: 20px!important;margin-right: 10px;} #pf-content .kb-svg-icon-wrap.kt-svg-icon-list-single svg {min-width: 20px!important;margin-right: 10px;}