Federal Circuit Court Judge Phillip Baldwin Sr.

Judge Phillip Baldwin (1924-2002) was a member of the class of 1952, and was Assistant District Attorney, then Criminal District Attorney of Harrison County, Texas, 1953-1958, and was in private practice in Marshall, Texas, 1959-1968.

Baldwin then was appointed to the U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals, which later changed names to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, from 1968 until 1991. Judge Baldwin was named South Texas’ Distinguished Alumnus of the Year in 1984.

(click on photograph for larger image)