The Frank Evans Center sponsors a number of events throughout the year in conjunction with the Houston Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution and other regional associations. All monthly HBA programs are held at the law school at 7:30 a.m. in the Emilie Slohm room in the library. To rsvp to any HBA events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming ADR Related Events at Houston College of Law:
- October 22, 2016 - Save the Date! The Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (TMCA) will be hosting its 12th Annual Symposium at Houston College of Law on Saturday October 22, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, please visit http://www.txmca.org/.
Past Year's HBA ADR Section Events:
- May 6, 2016 - Annual Full Day Conference on ADR
- April 12, 2016 - "What do you do after impasse? The hows and whens of follow-up" with Terry Fry
- March 8, 2016 - "Mediation of EEOC cases" with Joe Bontke, EEOC Outreach Manager
- February 9, 2016 - "Ethical challenges in arbitation and mediation" with Lonnie Schooler and Paul Clote
- January 12, 2016 - "Planning for mediation from the advocate's perspective" with Shawn Raymond
- November 10, 2015 – “Special problems and unique situations in mediations” with Trey Bergman
- October 13, 2015 – “Techniques to gain efficiency in arbitration” with David Waddell
- September 1, 2015 - “Legislative activity in this past session related to ADR” with Mike Amis
Other Past Events:
The Texas Mediation Trainers Roundtable hosted its 2016 Train the Trainer Conference with Richard Barnes at Houston College of Law on Wednesday, February 24, 2016. For additional information, please visit www.tmtr.org.
The Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution