Financial Aid Home
Apply for Financial Aid
Get a FAFSA PIN
Tuition Equalization Grant
Apply for a Loan
Accept a Financial Aid Award
For assistance, please call the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, located in Suite 246 at 1303 San Jacinto Street, Houston, TX 77002.
Fax: 713-659-3807 |
Student Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to know...
- What financial aid programs are available at your school
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each of the programs
- How financial aid will be distributed, how decisions on distribution are made, and the basis for these decisions
- How your financial need was determined
- What resources were considered in the calculation of your need
- How much of your financial need as determined by the institution has been met
- The details of the various programs in your student aid package
- Your school’s refund policy
- What portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know the interest rate, the total amount that must be repaid, the payback procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when repayment is to begin
- How your school determines if you are making satisfactory progress, and what happens if you are not.
- How your school determines return of funds to Title IV programs if you withdraw from the college.
In accepting your responsibilities, you must...
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the proper place
- Provide correct information. In most instances, misreporting information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense that could result in indictment under the US Criminal Code
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by either the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid or the agency to which you submitted your application
- Be responsible for reading and understanding all forms that you are asked to sign, and for keeping copies of them
- Live up to all agreements that you sign
- Perform the work agreed on in accepting a work-study award
- Be aware of and comply with deadlines for application or reapplication for aid
- Be aware of your school's refund procedures
- Report changes in name, address, telephone number, and enrollment status to Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid