Loans, both federal and private, are used to supplement personal and family resources, scholarships, grants, and work-study and must be repaid.
About Student Loans
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans
- Texas College Access Loans (CAL Loan)
- Private (Alternative) Loans
- Federal Student Loan Consolidation
- BAR Loans
How to Apply for Federal Direct Student Loans
(e.g Unsubsidized and Graduate Plus)
Step 1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or apply using the new myStudentAid app for iOS and Android.
Step 2. Accept your Loan
Step 3. Complete Entrance Counseling
Step 4. Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN)
How to Apply for a Private Loan?
Step 1. Select a Lender
Step 2. Complete and e-sign the Master Promissory Note