The Application Process
The Priority deadline for Spring applications is September 24 and the final deadline for applications is December 1. The spring application process opens at the beginning of August. While GPA and LSAT/GRE scores are important, we also assess each applicant’s life experience, work history, community service and graduate work.
All applicants are required to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), administered nationwide by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) or the GRE, administered by ETS. South Texas College of Law Houston will not consider a test score from a test administered more than five years prior to the beginning of the semester for which application for admission is made. Applicants must also register with the Credential Assembly Service (CAS). Each applicant is responsible for making his or her own arrangements to take the LSAT or GRE and for submitting official transcripts of all undergraduate work to CAS for evaluation, as well as any post-baccalaureate or graduate work. Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a college or university listed in the Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education available online.
Registration information for the LSAT and CAS may be obtained by calling LSAC at 215-968-1001 or at www.lsac.org.
Applicants may register for the GRE at https://www.ets.org/gre/. If you have already taken the GRE General Test, you must arrange to have all score reports sent directly to the Law School. The admissions committee will consider your highest GRE score. (School Code: 2749)
Every applicant must complete the following steps:
- Take the LSAT or GRE;
- Register with CAS (as described above);
- Fully complete and submit an application for admission, paying special attention to instructions about disclosures and updates;
- Submit a resume of employment;
- Attach a detailed personal statement setting forth the applicant’s unique individual qualifications,interests, and aspirations for the study of law. The personal statement should be 2-3 pages in length double spaced;
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation – a third is optional – through the Letter of Recommendation Service offered by LSAC. This service is included in your CAS Registration fees. South Texas College of Law Houston does not accept Evaluations in place of Letters of Recommendation; and
- Pay the $55 non-refundable application fee if applying after the priority deadline;
The application, personal statement, and resume should be completed no later than September 24 for spring consideration. You may submit your application, personal statement, and resume prior to any deadline and the completed CAS report can be received following. If you have any questions regarding your application, please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 713-646-1810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Once an application has been submitted, it must be completed within six weeks after the deadline. Applications that remain incomplete by this deadline will be ineligible for committee review.