Both part-time program schedules start exclusively in the fall.
Application Deadlines for Fall Semester:
- Priority: February 10 (Applicants will receive an application fee waiver.)
- Regular: March 26
- Final: May 9
- Final Extension: June 15 (or until seats are filled)
While GPA and exam scores are important, we also assess each applicant’s life experience, work history, community service and graduate work.
- All applicants are required to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), administered nationwide by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), administered by ETS. South Texas College of Law Houston will not consider an LSAT or GRE score from a test administered more than five years before the beginning of the semester for which application for admission is made. If you have not taken or prepared for the LSAT or GRE yet, start by reviewing our LSAT/GRE Guide. Registration information for the LSAT and CAS may be obtained by calling LSAC at 215.968.1001 or www.lsac.org. Registration information for the GRE may be obtained by calling ETS 609.771.7670 or at www.ets.org/gre.
- Applicants must also register with the Credential Assembly Service (CAS). Each applicant is responsible for making his or her own arrangements to take the LSAT or GRE and for submitting official transcripts of all undergraduate work to CAS for evaluation, as well as any post-baccalaureate or graduate work.
- While GPA and admission test scores are important, we also assess each applicant’s life experience, work history, community service and graduate work.
- Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a college or university listed in the Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education available online.
The Application Process
Every applicant must complete the following steps:
- Take the LSAT.
- Register with CAS (as described above);
- Fully complete and submit an application for admission, paying special attention to instructions about disclosures and updates;
- Submit a resume of employment;
- Attach a detailed personal statement setting forth the applicant’s unique individual qualifications, interests, and aspirations for the study of law. The personal statement should be 2-3 pages in length double spaced;
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation – a third is optional – through the Letter of Recommendation Service offered by LSAC. This service is included in your CAS Registration fees. South Texas College of Law Houston does not accept Evaluations in place of Letters of Recommendation; and
- Pay the $55 non-refundable application fee;
Submitting an Application
South Texas Law strongly prefers candidates complete and submit an online application. Applications submitted online will be considered postmarked on the day they were electronically submitted. Candidates who prefer to apply by mail must contact our office at 713-646-1810.
Please Note: If you answered “yes” to any of the Character and Fitness questions, please include your detailed letter of explanation. For more information on answering the Character and Fitness questions, please click here. Once an application has been received and processed, all further communication will be conducted via e-mail. Please provide a current e-mail address on your application and notify the Admissions Office of any changes during the review process. If you do not have an e-mail account, please contact the Office of Admissions for specific instructions.