The original Board of Governors, circa 1923

The original Board of Governors is pictured in this composite photograph, circa 1923. The school was formed and governed by some of Houston’s most illustrious attorneys. Although the school was located originally in the YMCA of downtown Houston, South Texas College of Law became independent in January, 1967. In 2016, the name of the school changed to South Texas College of Law Houston.

(click on photograph for larger image)