Back to Main Page / Back to List of Rules

Rule 317. Misrecitals Corrected


Where in the record of any judgment or decree of a court, there shall be any omission or mistake, miscalculation or misrecital of a sum or sums of money, or of any name or names, if there is among the records of the cause any verdict or instrument of writing whereby such judgment or decree may be safely amended, it shall be corrected by the court, wherein such judgment or decree was rendered, or by the judge thereof in vacation, upon application of either party, according to the truth and justice of the case. The opposite party shall have rea­sonable notice of the application for such amendment.

Source: Art. 2229, unchanged.

Oct. 29, 1940, eff. Sept. 1, 1941.

Repealed by order of July 15, 1987, eff. Jan. 1, 1988.