- This event has passed.
25th Annual Symposium: Ethics in Criminal Law
February 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 25th Annual Symposium: Ethics in Criminal Law will provide attendees with insight into the many ethical dilemmas attorneys and judges face when dealing with various criminal law topics.
This event has been approved for 7.25 CLE, 7.25 Ethics hours
Lunch from Treebeard’s will be provided.
THIS EVENT WILL FEATURE:
- Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg
- Hannah Brewer
- Dean Cathy Burnett (South Texas College of Law Houston)
- Mike Ware (Innocence Project of Texas)
- Professor Bradford Colbert (Mitchell Hamline School of Law)
- Professor Geoffrey Corn (South Texas College of Law Houston)
- Gerald Doyle (Harris County Conviction Integrity Division)
- Professor César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández (Sturm College of Law)
- Professor Kenneth Williams (South Texas College of Law Houston), and more.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Client Choice in Indigent Representation
- Providing Legal Services to Inmates
- Pros and Cons of the Michael Morton Act
- Standard of Certainty in Justifying a Criminal Charge
- Bail Reform & Restorative Justice
- Ethical Concerns of Detention in Immigration Proceedings
- Harris County Conviction Integrity Unit
- Texas Innocence Project & Expungement, and more.
Regular Registration (February 1 – February 8): $200. [click here to register]
Government and Non-profit Employees- $35* [click here to register]
STCLH Recent Grads (2015-2018) – $35* [click here to register]
*Government, Non-profit and Recent Grads registrants may be required to show ID at registration table.