The Frank Evans Center sponsors a number of events throughout the year in conjunction with the Houston Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution and other regional associations. All monthly HBA programs are held at the law school at 7:30 a.m. (unless otherwise noted) in the Emilie Slohm room in the library. To rsvp to any HBA events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panelists from the HBA ADR Section Annual Conference on ADR
Upcoming ADR CLE Programs at STCL Houston:
- April 14, 2020 – HBA ADR Section Lunch CLE with the Houston Young Lawyers Association: Advocacy in Mediation and Arbitration with Judge Carolyn Baker, Brant Stogner, and Roger Greenberg
- May 1, 2020 – HBA ADR Section Annual Conference
*For more information or to register, see https://www.americanbar.org/groups/dispute_resolution/events_cle/mediation/
Past Events at STCL Houston:
- February 11, 2020 –
- Int’l Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrator’s Forum CLE and Networking Event. For more information, visit https://2go.iccwbo.org/icc-yaf-fundamentals-of-arbitration.html
- HBA ADR Section CLE: “Getting to Si, Oui and Yes: The Importance of Cultural Intelligence” with the Hon. Josifina Rendon
- January 14, 2020 – HBA ADR Section CLE: “What to Expect In County Civil Court at Law Nos. 2 and 3 – A Moderated Discussion with Judge James Kovach and Judge LaShawn Williams
- November 15-16, 2019 – American Bar Association Advanced Mediation Skills Institute*
- November 12, 2019 – HBA ADR Section CLE – Mediating Public Policy Disputes
- October 26, 2019 – TX Mediators Credentialing Association (TMCA) Annual Conference
- October 8, 2019 – HBA ADR Section CLE: Workplace Arbitration Agreements with Justice Gerald Zimmer of the 14th COA
- September 10, 2019 – HBA ADR Section CLE: GLOBAL MEDIATION: New Opportunities from Enforcement of Mediation Agreements in International Commerce
- May 3, 2019 – Annual Full Day Conference on ADR
- April 9, 2019 – “What Every Young Lawyer Should Know about ADR” co-sponsored by the Houston Young Lawyers Association
- February 12, 2019 – Ten Pitfalls of International Arbitration with Stacey Barnes and Denise Peterson
- January 15, 2019 – Overcoming Impasse with Danielle Comeaux
- November 13, 2018 – The Nuances of Arbitrating Family Law Cases with Hon. Alvin Zimmerman, Zimmerman, Axelrad, Meyer, Stern & Wise, P.C. Ms. Wendy Burgower, Burgower Law, L.P.
- October 9, 2018 – Unique Challenges When Mediating I.P. Cases: Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights – Where Valuations Meet Novelty, Fame and Creativity
- September 11, 2018 – Arbitration in Workplace Disputes and the Implications of Epic Systems Corp. v. Lewis
- May 4, 2018 – Annual Full Day Conference on ADR
- April 10, 2018 – The Non-Secret Secrets for a Successful Mediator with Hon. Alvin Zimmerman
- March 13, 2018- Addressing allegations of corruption and use of allegedly illegally obtained evidence in arbitration
- February, 13, 2018 – Providing Solutions to Challenges in the Labor & Employment Law Arena with Hon. Joseph Hallbach, Jon King, Amy Halevy, Todd Slobin, and Timothy Bown
- January 9, 2018 – The Robot Mediator: Artificial Intelligence in the practice of ADR with Saskia Mehlhorn, Norton Rose Fulbright, LLP
Other Past Events:
The Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (TMCA) hosted its 12th Annual Symposium at South Texas College of Law Houston on Saturday October 22, 2016. For more information, please visit http://www.txmca.org/.
The Texas Mediation Trainers Roundtable hosted its 2016 Train the Trainer Conference with Richard Barnes at South Texas College of Law Houston on Wednesday, February 24, 2016. For additional information, please visit www.tmtr.org.