Summer Intersession or Fall 2013 Initial Class Assignment for:
Actual Innocence Clinic
Instructor: Assoc. Dean Catherine Burnett/Prof. GP Macerola
First class date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Posting date: Jul 30, 2013 @ 16:44:08
First Class Assignment
Go on-line and research the story behind an exoneration --- then,
be prepared to tell that story and make us care.
Information to consider in your exoneration narrative:
(1) what was the crime
(2) how did your person come to be the focus of law enforcement
(3) what evidence was used at trial
(4) what was the sentence
(5) how long did your person serve in prison before release
(6) what was the basis of the exoneration
(7) any developments since exoneration?
Video and public culture sources count for First this research.
You will be making oral presentations. Plan to speak for 5 minutes.