Faculty Chairs and Professorships
Endowments supporting faculty chairs and professorships enable outstanding professors to pursue new areas of research and innovative teaching methods. These types of endowments help South Texas attract and retain the finest faculty members.
A select number of South Texas faculty members who have achieved excellence in teaching and legal scholarship are honored by the law school with distinguished professorships. These professorships, as well as research professorships, are established by South Texas alumni and friends through endowment gifts.
Four distinguished professorships and three research professorships have been established to date:
- The Spurgeon E. Bell Distinguished Professorship of Law, held by R. Randall Kelso
- The Stanley J. Krist Distinguished Professorship of Texas Law, held by Elaine A. Carlson
- The W. James Kronzer, Jr., Distinguished Professorship in Advocacy, held by T. Gerald Treece
- The Charles J. Weigel II Distinguished Professorship, currently open
- The Godwin Ronquillo, PC, Research Professorship, held by Charles W. “Rocky” Rhodes
- The Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. Research Professorship, held by Cherie O. Taylor
- The Harry ’56 and Helen Hutchens Research Professorship, held by Drury Stevenson
The establishment of professorships by South Texas alumni and friends signifies their commitment to the College’s future academic growth.
Alumni and Friends
Contact the Staff
Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations
Office: 713.646.1803 • Fax: 713.646.1790
Jackie (Johnson) Laminack
Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Office: 713.646.1800 • Fax: 713.646.2958
Assistant Director of Development
Office:713.646.1796 • Fax: 713.646.1790
Manager of Gift Administration
Research and Grants Writer