- All newly admitted students are considered for South Texas College of Law Houston scholarships. Please contact the Office of Admissions for information on the scholarship decision process and when you could expect to receive a scholarship offer.
- Electronically submit FAFSA application (School Code: 004977)
- A financial aid award packet, detailing your student loan eligibility will be sent (via email) once
you submit the seat deposit to the Office of Admissions.
- Review the Federal Student Aid site for more information about loans, repayment plans and more.
- The financial aid packet will have all the necessary instructions to apply for student loans, including:
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and Federal Graduate PLUS promissory note instructions – do one MPN for the Direct loans and one for the Graduate PLUS (Unlike the Federal Direct (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) Promissory Note, the Graduate PLUS Loan Promissory Note must be completed each year)
- Entrance counseling instructions
- Terms of Receiving Financial Aid agreement
- Read each item carefully and follow the instructions
- Assuming completion of the financial aid checklist, you will pick up your living expense refund check on or before the first day of class in the Business Office.
Please Note: Do not send any promissory notes to South Texas College of Law Houston.