Director of the Fred Parks Law Library & Assistant Professor of Law
- B.S., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- J.D., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., Library & Information Science, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Research & Writing
- Library Administration
Office: 2019 (Library)
Colleen C. Manning joined South Texas College of Law Houston in January 2015 as the Director of the Fred Parks Law Library and Assistant Professor of Law. Professor Manning teaches the Advanced Legal Research Skills course and regularly guest lectures in other courses. In addition, to legal research, she has taught and written in the area of elder law. She is active and held positions of leadership in national, regional, and local law librarian organizations. Prior to joining South Texas College of Law Houston, Professor Manning held various positions at Florida Coastal School of Law and Ohio Northern University. She also was a research attorney for Meyer, Capel, Hirshfeld, Muncy, Jahn & Aldeen, P.C. Professor Manning is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Florida.
Show / Hide Bibliography
- Puzzled by Legal Research? Tenth Annual Nat’l Legal Research Teach-in Training Kit 1 (A.A.L.L. RIPS-SIS 2002) (Gigi Panagotacos Co-Author).
- The Medicare Alzheimer’s Disease Demonstration, 1 ELDER L.J. 113 (1993).
- Speaker, How to Create a Mutually Beneficial Relationship with Law Schools. Lexis Annual Meeting, Law School Account Representatives, Orlando, Fla. July 2011